Thread: Pitbull Stands
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #28
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How does it not interfere with your stand? On every bike I've used it with, I have to raise the sidestand in order to rotate the arm fully to the ground.

Also, when I am ready to let the bike down, I stand on that side of the bike and begin raising the arm, while bear-hugging the bike with my other arm. Then as I let the bike down, I pull it towards me so that it falls on the sidestand. I don't trust my ability to keep the bike from falling, which is why I want the sidestand to be down. Problem with the pitbull is that it makes you put your sidestand up while using it, which means that when you're ready to put the bike down, you can't put the sidestand back down until the pitbull's arm is almost at the point of no return. Each bike is different though.
It clears my sidestand by at least an inch ('07 1000RR). Have you tried adjusting the slides on the pit bull stand to see if you can make it clear without losing stability? I can see where that would be annoying if you couldn't have the stand down while lowering the bike.

That said, I drop mine pretty fast and have never had a problem with it trying to get away from me when it touches the ground. Just a light hold on the left clip-on is more than enough to give it some stability until I throw a leg over it, or lean it on the sidestand.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote