View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Any of the big 4 are great bikes. The reason you don't see too many high mileage bikes is that they usually get wrecked. And if they don't get wrecked, they wind up laying on their side at one point in their lives and it eventually causes engine issues.

I mean really how many bikes has anyone here seen, never dropped, that just got too old that it was ridden til it died? I can only say I've seen a handful of examples. Every other bike I know gets passed down from owner to owner until it gets to some newb who has a liter bike as a learner bike and wrecks it.

People talk about high mileage bikes, 25k, 36k, high mileage is over 100k. Go ahead, there are plenty of folks out there who ride their bikes forever.
I'm planning on putting 100k+ on the 600rr I'm buy'n... my goal is 36401 miles by the end of December this year... as it has 1401 miles on it now. so 4 years... over 100k... should be doable. not that I plan on selling the bike in 4 years anyhow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
My brand loyalty is basically "whatever is the best deal I can get at the time I'm looking" I agree that all of the big fun makes great machines.
Freudian slip?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote