View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #40
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I bought a red one years ago. It worked well in the 105 degree heat last week. The "armor" in the elbows, shoulders and back was laughable. I bought some hard plastic armor from ebay back in 2007.

This picture shows the 1/16-inch thick foam on the left and the plastic armor I installed over the foam. I did this in the pockets for the elbows and shoulders.

This picture shows the back foam on the right and the flexible plastic armor I bought off ebay. The problem was that the plastic armor was too wide to fit in the pocket for the T-shaped foam.

Solution: My wife sewed up a bigger pocket. But she had to place it exactly so the plastic armor fit the curvature of my back. She also put in a zipper instead of the stock velcro.vI haven't crash-tested it, but it fits great.
Holy cow, I have that exact same jacket for when it gets stupid hot out (same color and everything - bought it from Tricktape) - I use my all black stuff because the armor in the mesh tex is crappy - I must try that solution. You wouldn't happen to know who made the stuff you're using, would you?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote