View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Stopped at a few local places to check things out. Underground Biker ( www.undergroundbiker.com ) had insulated chaps but none in stock in my size ( their order is due in mid week). I purchased an 8" Schampa neck warmer for $15 from them.

Went to the local Triumph dealer who share remain nameless due to me being ignored by the "not busy" sales people. Prices seemed a bit high.

I then rode to Blackmans Cycle (www.blackmanscycle.com ) and was approached by a salesman after about 5 minutes who said " just let me know if you need help with anything".

I got a pair of Tourmaster Venture insulated pants in size XL. These fit over my regular jeans ( waist size 36 ) ( I was wearing my Sliders today) including around my buck knife in it's sheath on my belt. I had to let the velcro straps out a bit but there is still some room left. They're armored in the knees & hips and also have reflective piping.

Very comfortable and warm. I tried them on and decided to purchase them. They were priced at $109.99. I took them off, took them to the counter and paid for them. I had the girl cut the tags and took them back into the changing room where I put them on to wear home.

I really like these and an added plus is they're waterproof. I think I'll be wearing these with the zip out liner removed once it warms up in the spring.

Thanks for the replys everyone
Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote