View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Nice.
Side note: I hate it when bicyclist are out.
As you can see, I like taking up the whole lane. So I hate being confined to just one tire track. But this video was going uphill. Going downhill, it's rare to pass some of the faster bicyclists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Looks like he is throttling out of the corners faster - that is where he appears to gain his lead quite a few times.
I learned to ride mountains on a three-cylinder two-stroke. No not a Kawi, but a Suzuki. There's no engine braking. I rode my old GS1000 in this video. I use my rear brake around the tight corners and keep the throttle open. There's no pitching, just even transition. After some corners I go Wide Full Open. That's when the camera shakes. The SV rider was just very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You can hold a lot of corner speed with a SV, plus their on/off switch throttles let em get out of the corners quick too.
I slowed down a lot more for the corners than he did. But I did everything right. I leaned off the bike just before the curve, looked around the corner, didn't fixate on the bicyclists (I didn't realize how many there were until I watched the video), and I didn't fixate on the SV rider. He was just a lot better than me. I don't know if it shows, But I rode my tail off to keep up with him.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote