View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
Apoc, your post made me think. Why do people spend $15-20k on an HD when AFAIK there are equivalent Japanese cruisers for half the price? Is it just brand snobbery or are the Japanese bikes really not equivalent? That's my problem with HD: they sell a little too much sizzle, not enough steak.
Like I said though, the HD has resale. I can pick up a 10 year old cruiser from 'insert japanese brand here' for 2k. Try and find a fatboy for that?

Are you paying a ton extra for a name and badges. Hell yes, i'd be a liar if I denied it. But, the resale on my harley when its 10 years old, will be the same price range as your average Jap cruiser is new.

So your paying more, but in the end, when you get rid of it, it probably costed you a lot less (not counting the ridiculous accessories people spend $$$$$$$$ on) in total fees, and return.

And, I know people will argue. But I have ridden friends cruisers. Hondas, kawi's, yamaha's, and they've all ridden my HD. And almost everytime someone tries my HD for the first time, they say something along the lines of 'Now I understand'..

And the HD dripping oil on the dealer floor thing, thats a thing of the past. Though HD haters like to push it as fact.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote