View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Thumbs up Center Stand lovers

Do you love them? Why?

I do love them, forget the weight issue, they are handy. Better stability, awesome for loading passengers (being you can drive off).

I haven't had a center stand since my ole Ninja EX500 and even that one came off when you fitted it with an aftermarket exhaust.

In 2009 the first year I had my Ultra, I wanted to get a center stand and almost got one in Carlisle. But didn't due to heat, money, and time.

I knew of 3 brands... Rivco but man does that look like cheap junk.

2 years ago at a MC Rally, I saw the Wheel Dock EZ Up stand, but didn't have the cash that day.

But then I saw HD had their own.

I figured the HD version would be the one to get. They USUALLY don't let me down, theirs featured a wheel on the ground option or rear wheel off the ground via adjustable feet.

I bought it from St Paul HD with a discount and a coupon. Well I was wrong!! The whole unit was held up with three 1/4" bolts... I wasn't liking that but I continued installation. Once completed, I found out the foot lever was DIRECTLY below the rear passenger floor board mount. WTF!! They want you to turn your foot sideways and use the knarling to push it down till you can actually put your foot on it. PLUS they won't allow you to drive off it! I immediately called St Paul (installed for 4 mins) and asked if I could return it, after checking with his manager he wanted a $40 restock fee and I would ship it to them. BS vortex. Sold it on ebay at a $20 loss. That is bad biz by St. Paul IMO.

I ordered the Wheel Dock EZ UP from their website, they have a 30 day full money back satisfaction guarantee. I have seen this in action before and should have just went with it in the first place. The HD failure is the 3rd time their product sucked compared to the aftermarket alternative. Live and learn...

Here's the Wheel Dock EZ UP

You can see this one has a BEEFY top plate that goes over the frame and is held on by a nice 3/4" bolt.

OH MY it works so well. You can lift the bike onto the center stand from the side of the bike or while still saddled on the bike!

The black bottom and chrome lever blends in GREAT!

Here's the bike standing up right. It's SUPER solid too!

And I must say the bike is looking GOOD!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote