View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
CasterTroy

Too funny

OK so this guy on another forum tells me he wants the bike thru a PM. He wanted to buy it usinghis credit card thru payapl. It took me a few days to agree, but he kept sending me PM's attempting to pursuade me to sell to him this way ($2800 thru paypal $400 in cash at delivery).....even goes to OTHER forums in POST's and replies stating that I should sell to him.

So I agree. Give him my info and we agree he's going to call me and transfer the money sunday.

I go to every place I've posted the for sale ad and post "SALE PENDING" on every single post.

So I wait all day sunday, family time...we're at church, then pool, then movies, then home...so I get home at 9pm and I'm like WTH?!?!?

So I log on and get THIS PM

Quote:
Wife and i talked money and bikes and kids today and she doesn't want me spending that much money on anything right now. I hate to let her even have much of a say so since it is my bills but i understand her point and reasoning behind this.

I have been given an okay of $2500
I spend the rest of the night correcting all the ad's to say that the deal fell thru.

THEN I get this PM last night

Quote:
I got perrmission (lol) for $2800 but that is it. So if you decide to move (price wise) at all for anyone and that is close (to this number) then please let me know.

Thanks,

I shoulda listed it for $6000 so people could feel GOOD about the purchase :roll:

I guess I'm old skool....list something for what you have to have...if that price is appealing....then buy it

I don't go shopping for a $25k car with $18k in my pocket and EXPECT to buy it...but that's just me