View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

1) I don't think the UFC has had too many fights this year, I just think they tried to SELL too many fights this year. PPV's are great and worthwhile, but especially now with two new weight classes, more TV deals should be in the works. I disagree heavily with the UFC cutting guys... fuck that. GROW the business with some of those guys that can still put on a show, but maybe aren't the caliber of the top guys. PPV's for title fights and toss the REAL interesting matches in there, but use cable TV for once a month specials with a solid headliner to draw views and run some lesser known guys with some of the lower caliber guys... and jesus christ, put it on a channel I can fucking find. Spike would be perfect.

2) I agree that Strikeforce events are a bit lower on the production scale, but the always have some interesting fights. It's hard to find the fights sometimes too... who the fuck has Showtime?

3) I like the wrestling aspect of the sport. While I'm not a fan of lay and pray, I appreciate the technique and skill it takes to control people like that... It's all part of the evolution of the sport however... BJJ, standup, wrestling, they've all had their time to be the dominant factor... it won't take too long before most everyone's on an even keel and the most well-rounded fighters dominate in every aspect. GSP shows it's already happening.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote