Thread: AMA Daytona 200
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Speed played the whole damn thing today!!!

Aside from the political AMA/DMG crap, it was one helluva race!!...I used to go every year to watch, but when Honda dropped out, I lost interest...I can honestly say the race was so good, I'll be returning next year...

So back to the race...It was tight from the start, with lots of great action...Then the freaky incident with DiSalvo losing a cylinder happened...They even interviewed him, and he was saying how his day was done, but they'd be ready for the next race (little did he know his fate)....

Later, a rider would crash for no apparent reason when his front tire tucked in, prompting DMG to have a red flag and long delay of the race...AMA would mandate a front tire change for EVERYONE, citing perceived safety reasons...During the red flag, riders would be interviewed about the condition of the track and state their bikes were more than manageable...

So the race re-started, and the race to the finish rocked!!...Lots of passing, dicing, lead changes, and overall great racing...Right before the finish line was the Josh Herrin debacle, with 3 riders crashing out while battling for the win...

DiSalvo would be the victor, with lots of questions as to why he was allowed back in the race...

I will be watching more AMA this year for sure
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote