Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #1415
CasterTroy

Lee my FIL is a clock repairman and for the last several years has gotten into engraving. HIS father was REAL big into guns and had several old single action colts, and 2 1847 Walkers.

He ended up engraving ONE of the Walkers, along with several single action colts, a Derringer, and several long guns. Problem is...he gets started on one and gets 95% complete and kind of loses interest. Like the Walker....it's in need of "shading" on one side to complete it.

Funny thing is, my FIL is not INTO guns that much. He just has all of his dads guns. Several dozen late 1800's and early 1900's models. I think he has about 9 .22 speedmaster rifles.

I was just able to SEE most of them last weekend (he's embarrassed at their condition and the fact he's NEVER cleaned most of them, knowing how I am about keeping a gun clean) since we're trying to talk him into a safe. They've been hidden thruout the house for 50 years.

I want to box and display that walker!