View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)
Default 06/02-3 TDs: The Good

I was a little worried about getting back on the track after not having a dry track day since september. I knew I would be very rusty and was nervous about it also being my first dry day in yellow group with the increased passing there. It turned out I remembered things pretty quickly, got back to where I was in september by lunchtime the first day, and continued to progress from that point monday when Jamie (thanks!) helped me with some lines and tips.

Over the course of a day and a half, I dropped about 15 seconds off per lap. Tuesday, pretty much the only people passing me were instructors.

I'm really happy with my progress. I know running 1:30 flat isn't something to brag about, and I've got a LOT to work on, but considering I sat on a motorcycle for the first time in my life just 1 year ago, I was feeling really good out there (until 2:30ish tuesday... see other thread) and can't wait to get things back together and keep working at it. And the video came out great!

Here's a couple laps I picked out of my videos where I wasn't held up. If you click 'watch in high quality' it looks a lot better. I was pretty happy with this onboard camera setup:

[youtube]R2ix6WyGEME[/youtube]

I also threw it on google video because sometimes the quality comes out better there:

2008-06-03 ceo012384 NHMS TTD Laps

A couple people taking photos got a few of me:

Coming out of the bowl. Didn't have my torso down quite as much on this lap:

Dropping into 1, had been spending this morning working on learning to trailbrake a bit:

Tipping into 7 approaching a slower group:

Last edited by ceo012384; 06-06-2008 at 05:07 PM..
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote