Thread: Road rage
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Road rage

was almost a victim of it on saturday. I was comming home from my shift at the WTC. Merrick rd was closed going eastbound becaus eof an accident by my house. So we turned off and went through soem side streets to get around. I had to go north a bit to find a road that went under 135. So I find one and there are tons of cars, so I start whitelining. I am comming up to a stop sign and start passing about 8 cars on the right. A guy in a saturn SUV apparently didnt like this. he tried to cut me off but I went around him rather easily, he laid on the horn and was yelling bad words at me. I get to the stop sign and as I am turning I wave back to him and go on my way. I get up to merrick rd and whiteline past 5 more cars to get to the front and go across as the light turns green. I figure I am far enough ahead that this guy wouldnt have made that light so I slow down a bit. Well I was wrong. I was about 3/4 of the way down south seamesn neck road and I think I see this guy behind me.

Now I am a little worried, I dont need this guy following me home. So instead of turning onto my block I go to the last block of the road and make that right (you guys who have been to my place should kinda know what I mean there) he makes the right as well. That block ends and you have to make another right and hes still on me. Now normaly I would just drop a gear and loose him, no way an SUV will keep up with me in soem backroads. problem is our streets are being repaved so its all packed dirt right now. So I am working my way back to fresh pavement, at one point he tries to get ahead of me but he spins his tires and I stay ahead of him. I get back past where the roadwork is and I hammer it out of there. I loose him kinda quickly so I wonder if he knows the area he will wait for me to come back.

So I go back up to merrick and ditch into soem other sidestreets down the road a ways to chill and regroup. I called karen, to tell her whats up, also looked around my topcase for anything I can use as a weapon if need be, but dont have anything. So I head back home but dont go directly home, I prety much cruised all the backstreets by my house after the road forks. When you bear right there thats the only real way in or out, there is a park I may have been able to ride through but wasnt sure. So all appears clear and I fly home and tuck the bike away.

I have replayed this scenario many times over, I still think running/loosing him was the best option and am glad I didnt lead him to my front door, as I dont need this asshole knowing where I live, but on the flipside had I stopped and confronted him I would be in the right if things got nasty since he came after me and tried taking me out. I would assume he go tmy plate # which is not good, but he cant go to the cops and report me for whitelining, esp after he tried following me home. So for now Ijust need to be more cautios around my house and def keep an eye out for him.