View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #20
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You aren't really effecting your spine, you are more or less rolling the hips around the tank. This also will get you away from that silly 90 degree from the bike knee look and more of a 45 degree angle where your knee should be. It's hard to explain in words and a lot easier to show in person. You should be all the way back in the seat and when you do this it actually kinda rolls your upper body right where it needs to be for the turn.
Yeah that's what I do... but the way you were describing it it sounded like you were keeping your pelvis right against the tank which would twist your hips a shitload. The actual hip rotation is not very much at all... I think we're on the same page.

Although my legs are a lot shorter than yours so I stick them out more to let me know where I am, ya know? Then as I lean more I let the ground push my knee up and my leg goes forward a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Not if you're holding your weight with your inside foot and knees, like you should be doing.
You should have weight on both feet, not just the inside... although that is a hotly debated topic.

Weight the inside during turn in... weight both during turn, weight outside post-apex while getting on the gas... least that's what I've heard from some TD instructors.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote