View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Once something is legal, you cant fire someone for doing it. Companies cant make a policy saying a worker cant drink at home, nor would they be able to with Marijauna.

Company policies still have to be in line with the law, up on this side of the border at least.

If its a complete legalization, and not just decriminalization, then the governement will have to come up with a surefire way of finding out if someone is currently impaired. This creates a major problem, because im not sure theres an actual way to do that with pot. How do you tell how stoned someone is when they are out driving? You cant just leave it go, and say 'No, its fine, drive high all you want'. So im not sure how to deal with that.
Which was sort of my point, but I didn't quite put it into words very well. When alcohol is in your system, it shows up on a test and you're considered impaired at certain levels. THC stays in your system for weeks, even if you only smoke it on one day. There is no real way (that I know of) to test for THC that was used a couple hours ago. Sure, you can test people's reactions, but some people are just slow no matter what. I would think some employers would simply have a "no THC" policy, regardless of legality, since there is no way to know how recently it was used. Some employers have a "no alcohol within x number hours prior to work" policy, but that's something that can be tested.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote