View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #16
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Which was sort of my point, but I didn't quite put it into words very well. When alcohol is in your system, it shows up on a test and you're considered impaired at certain levels. THC stays in your system for weeks, even if you only smoke it on one day. There is no real way (that I know of) to test for THC that was used a couple hours ago. Sure, you can test people's reactions, but some people are just slow no matter what. I would think some employers would simply have a "no THC" policy, regardless of legality, since there is no way to know how recently it was used. Some employers have a "no alcohol within x number hours prior to work" policy, but that's something that can be tested.

But again, theres legal problems in prohibiting someone from doing something thats illegal on their own time. Thats what I meant when I said 'policy has to be in line with the law'...

You cant have a policy that dissalows people from doing legal things on their own time. If you give companies that power, whats next? No smoking cigs on your time? No riding motorcycles on your time?

Punishing someone for doing something legal. That opens up a whole new slew of lawsuits.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote