Thread: nasty hit
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Apples to oranges. Baseball is non-contact and football has padding on their posts and there are only two of them.

At that angle? This makes no sense. It's a body check, if you're thinking about angles you need to get your head in the game. The only thing you should be thinking is not hitting him from behind.

I get the interference call. I get the game misconduct because he broke a rule and injured somebody. But, that's it. There's nothing more to it.

Worse accidents have happened needlessly. Clint Malarchuk ring a bell? He was bleeding like a stuck pig because somebody didn't control where their skate was. Can you even name who cut his throat by mistake? Most people couldn't if their life depended on it, because it was an accident. Yet, if it happened today I bet people would be calling for the offending player to be banned for life because he was too close to the goalies crease.

People need to realize, this is hockey. Man up and play the game.
Where have I said anything against the physicality of the game. Love it, dont want it to change. But yet again, you dont feel strongly about something until it actually happens to you. When you go in at the same angle, rip your shoulder, get lifted back off your skates, smack the back of your head on the top of the board, and then fall flat on you back to the ice. Out for 3 weeks with a concussion and a shoulder injury. Changes attitudes a little....

I was fine with the hit until the shot after 1:35. Thats where it really shows the intent. Even one of the announcers mentioned that the two players have a history.

Easy, watched that youtube video a gazillion times. Just think OCC.

Can you name Zedniks cutter?
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote