View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #37
Switch
dadbod

1. 24; Knoxville, TN; Systems Engineer
3. What the fuck is a car share, and what happened to number 2?
4. 2008 Yamaha FZ1
5. 2006 Suzuki SV650S; I bought it from the dealer, something I'll never do again.
6. I have many. I love what I've got for what I use it for. I have a dirtbike that works great for what I do with it. I would like to have a supermoto...
7. I don't know how to answer this one. I learned how to ride on the infamous "Dragon" (aka US129S). After scraping the pegs off my Suzuki, and wrecking too many times to count, I upgraded. Still, it wasn't good enough, so I bought a track prepped bike, a 2003 Honda CBR600RR. I must have been to the track 10 times, I got my racing license from Ed Bargy, and then it hit me. I'm too old. It's too expensive. Sure, it's fun as hell, but I wanted to race to win, to do something with it, and that wasn't gonna happen. So I buy a dirtbike, and it's great, I still love it. Then I got a house, got engaged, and now my woman wants to ride. So, I sell my race bike and use the cash for my current bike. Now we ride together all the time and I enjoy the time together. Next I'll be buying luggage so we can make weekend trips.
8. I can't answer that question. For most people, stereotypes are true. Harley riders typically have no idea how to really pilot a motorcycle, nor do your common GSXR rider with the polished frame. Then again, your typical FZ rider is a middle aged man who can't ride on the same level as I do either. I suppose you could say that I'm just a special breed...