View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #43
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
Noobie here. I'm a writer working on a story for a small, upstart men's magazine -- what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

Within those, I'd like to identify a model or two that represent the category. And I'm wrapping it together with brief, lighthearted descriptions of the types of people -- both personality- and style-wise -- who tend to be drawn to each.

So, if you're up for it, here are a few basic things I'd need:

1. Your age, location and profession.

29, Orlando FL, Process Manager
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes.

I don't know what a car share is.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.

Suzuki TL1000R, big, yellow, loud, rumbly
5. Your first bike and how you got it.

First first bike... lil Yamaha Zinger when I was four... got it for Christmas. First street bike... Kawasaki Ninja 500R... went to the dealership with my dad to look at bikes, talked to a friend of the family who was the sales manager there, decided not to just look, but to buy the fuckin thing.
6. Your ideal bike.

V-twin streetfighter... black, loud, ugly... and looks like it doesn't have enough parts to work.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?

In some ways, yes.... I am certainly a risk taker that requires somewhat of an adreneline fix... relatively addictive personality. Some people fit the bike, others do not.
8. What does a bike say about its owner?

Depends... some bikes say, "I'm a complete fucking toolbox", others say "I'd rather be riding (rather than washing - Drewpy)", and a lot say, "I have a very small penis"... that's what mine says.

And please feel free to expand on any of those questions, or on whatever I might not have included but might help readers understand this better.

You can reply via e-mail, if you'd prefer: yasiejko at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote