View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Another vote for Icon anything. None of the Icon stuff I've had held up for longer than a year before falling apart.

Icon Mainframe helmet: I had the blue Rubitone paintjob. It looked awesome as hell. About two months into owning it, the decals on the helmet peeled off. The vents were funky and stopped closing all the way. The chin strap started to fray all over the place. The rubitone paint started chipping away. I stopped wearing it and went back to my Shoei RF800.

Icon TiMax gloves: The stitching that held all the velcro down kept popping and coming loose. Some of the seams came loose. It went from being a slightly tight fit to feeling like a plastic bag flopping around on my hands. All this happened in less than six months.

Icon Superduty boots: Laces came apart in about a month (easy replacement). The ratcheting mechanism that tightened at the ankle kept popping open during regular walking. Ended up having to wear it loose to keep it from popping open all the time. The sole of the left boot started to come apart. Some of the stitching was beginning to fray. All of this within less than 8 months.

I bought all of it together because the price was right, the stuff looked pretty cool, and I thought it'd last at least two or three years. I didn't get a year out of any of it. You couldn't give me Icon gear to wear now.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote