View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Everyone that I know that's used Icon says most of their stuff is crap. Don't know what is worse...their helmets or their gloves.

I crash tested an HJC helmet and it held up well. I decided to try out KBC's after and crash tested it and it held up even better. Since KBC fits me and passed my crash test, I bought another. Personally I like them.

Joe Rockets gear...the gloves I had sucked. They were the Phoenix gloves, I think. Six months of riding almost everyday and they started coming apart at the seams and got holes in the fingers. My JR Powerglide boots were nice. They were in the same crash as my KBC helmet and held up extremely well. I wore them for a year after...the only reason I got another pair of boots is because the soles finally wore out (after almost 3 years of riding). JR mesh jackets are junk, IMO. I had one, but didn't care too much for it so I bought a MotoGP mesh jacket, which I crashed in with the KBC helmet and JR boots. About a 200 ft slide and it held up so well I'm still wearing it. To think if I would have went down in the JR mesh... ....I think the pavement would have shredded it and some of my skin too.

My MotoGP mess jacket gets two thumbs up.

Combined with what my friends have said and my own experiences, I stay away from Icon and Joe Rocket.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote