View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Okay you're in MY HOUSE now!!! Hahahaha!
I didn't feel like quoting everyone so here goes;

Nitro ANYTHING!-I've seen a helmet crack from being dropped and the boots have fallen apart during a relatively slow get off.

Joe Rocket Ballistic- JUNK! I've seen one of their jackets fly apart upon first impact. Gloves-junk cheaply made.

Icon-mostly good,sizing could use some work. I have 5 pairs of Icon gloves with 3 sizes. I don't really care for the helmets,I've seen some of the problems described. I've crash tested jackets,boots,gloves,field armor-did the job for me. For the record,I had a pair of A* Gp Tech gloves do the same thing Marko described... As far as the vest,having spent some time in the "stunt world",I've seen quite a few crashed using the Field Armor vest,let's just say that it definitely protects what it covers. If you wore the vest,elbow guards,shorts and knee guards,I would say that you would be properly protected to fall at 30>mph which is the max speed most stunters are going. If you plan on riding any faster than that,You might want to throw on a jacket.

Sparx-$100 w/2 shields...but venting fucking SUCKS!!!! Is cheap,feels cheap.

Zamp-sent it back...nuff said

HJC-love the price,if I had never worn Arai,Shoei or Shark it would be ok but...

Alpinestars-good quality,a few minor problems over the years but their customer service is top notch!

KBC-got the fan-boy Mat Mladin replica...took it back,same as HJC,as long as you didn't know any better...

Akuma-decent helmet,lots of bell but the shield changing mechanism fucking SUCKS!

I think I over did it,
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote