View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750
Default 03 GSXR fan issues

Ok let me start off my saying I don't know anything about wrenching on my own bike. I know I should and I'm ashamed at my lack of knowledge but it is what it is. Ok on to my problem. I have recently come to the conclusion that my fan isn't working on my bike. I have seen my temp climb to 225 with no sign of the fan coming on. After talking to a few people I have realized that 200+ is to hot for my fan to not be on. Ive also been told that if it was coming on I would hear it. I can hear my buddies come on from 10 feet away with my lid on so I know it should be audible. So if Im correct and its not working what should I be looking for? Ive checked the fuse and its ok. So if its not the fuse is there any common issues I should be checking for? I haven't had her out much this year so she hasn't gotten very hot yet. Im gonna see if I can get the temp up tomarow and start investigating but i don't know where to start looking. It hasn't been a problem really because I rarely ride in traffic and while shes getting good air flow she runs plenty cool but I would still like to get her fixed. Like I said I don't really know my way around my bike but I do have a general knowledge of engines so Im not a complete idiot. (well my wife might disagree with that statement)

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote