Thread: Gixxers rule.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #24
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Let's see, I've heard of Ducatis being called Ducks(and rattle cans,dry clutch), Kawasakis called Cows, FZRs called Fizzers, ZXs called Zedexs, KTMs called katooms, CBRs called Fireblades, CBR600s called Hurricanes,F2s,F3s,F4s and F4is,KX and EX bikes called Ninjas, BMWs called Beemers,YZF1000Rs called Thunderblades and YZF600Rs called Thundercats(haha) or Thunderkittens(my fav),Katanas called Kan o tunas, Even R1 and R6 is technically a nickname cause the model designation is YZF-R1/6, Harleys called Hogs, Yamahas called Bamahas, Husquarna(sp) called Huskies, Hayabusas called 'Busas,need I go on? Some of these are nicknames,some the oems stick the bike with. I've never heard my bike refered to the way YOU describe but I have seen GSXR1000K6 for example or GSXR1K6. Whatever,it never fails to amaze me the lengths you guys will go to to try and denigrate arguably the most successful and winningest motorcycles in history. Especially,recent history. So nyahh,nyahh,nyahh!!!
Ill respond to that being as Im the only one who rides one on this board. Thundercat is the model name for the European version of the bike which is virtually identical to the US version. The thunderkitten im guessing is the obvious fact that they are quite tame bikes.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote