Thread: Malories Law...
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
So they want all sport bikes to be operated by someone with an M endorsement and provide the passenger, if built for two, pegs and hand holds? Sounds like a law that pretty much does nothing to me? Most sportbikes have passenger seat and pegs, some have hand holds, all could be modified to have them if you want to have a passenger on board. I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish, maybe restrict solo seat bikers from giving rides? If so Harley Sporststers should have to comply...As well as motards/dual sports
Pretty much this. Not sure what this is going to accomplish other than just one more law intended to regulate common sense. The whole need for a passenger to be a licensed motorcyclist baffles me as well.

Edit: okay, this may be the contracts person in me but with this section: "(D) is not a touring, cruiser, standard, or dual-sport motorcycle" - would the not then need to include definitions of these "other" motorcycle classes as well? I haven't read the whole thing yet but this catches my eye fairly quickly...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.

Last edited by Particle Man; 05-17-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote