View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma View Post
I'm a HD lover but not all HDs are created equal. I'm not a bike genius like hubby, but I'm not a total moron either. Lol. If ur looking for speed, and what I think is a hot bike, try test riding a night rod. Hubby test rode both and I think there's a link on here somewhere he could send to u if you're interested.
Like I said what drew me to the XR1200 is my desire for a 70's style Cafe.The XR1200 is 2/3rd s of the way to what I want. Love the style. Speed isn't my goal I have two bikes already that will easily spank most of what is out there. Original idea was to user either a CB 750 ( I have a 77 750 Supersport that was just to good to cut up and sold it to a collector.) I would also love to to do a Triumph style machine.
The V Rod and its derivatives are are now probably the only HD I would ever consider . Again I loved the style , suspension and brakes of the XR1200, I was just shocked that in the 21st Century poor a drive train they (with all the better choices they have) put on to what could be a a great crossover bike. Its a shame too.