Thread: San Antonio?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #18
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Welcome! What neighborhood are you in? Or, what roads are you close to? I grew up in the ghetto part of the NE side...I hope you aren't there.

What the hell are you doing NE if you're stationed at Lackland? Traffic isn't really that bad there, but still. That's a drive.

Sorry....I don't know anything about bike nights. Lori(Skiergirl) would probably know better than any of us.
I'm in Valencia, I think. Off Nacodoches a couple miles south of the 1604.

Honestly, we wanted to be closer to Lackland (I have about a 40-minute drive each way), but couldn't find a house we really liked down there. That's part of the reason I'm looking at race take-offs for the bike; it's a lot of freeway travel, and the 636 just gets WAY better gas mileage than my F-150.

I ride to work as often as possible, but that still only means 1-2 times per week. Between PT schedules and having to haul lots of stuff I can't take on the bike, I end up taking my truck or the wife's Kia a lot. Someday when we have money, I'd like to get a sport-touring rig with some luggage to make the commute easier on my old knees and let me carry more stuff.

For now, though, the wife is still looking for a job, so my salary is what we're living on. That means no new toys for a while, which also means the wife has no bike for now.