View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 9:

This was a 450 mile jaunt from San Rafael, CA to Central Point, OR. This trip was pretty good. The day started out pretty rainy, but it quickly turned nice when I got into wine country. This was my only day of hard rain.

I took 101 up to the coast and had some fun in the Redwood Parks and then 199 to I-5 into Central Point for the night...

Wine country was alright. Central Cali is not really my bag though. When I started going into Redwood country, it got a lot better. Those trees are pretty amazing. I finally made it to the coast and the Pacific Ocean around Humboldt State Park. I finally felt like I accomplished my mission when I stuck my hand into that icy water. The beach I ended up stopping at had a very Oregon coast/Goonies feel to it. It was nice. Ironically, Goonies just came on Family Channel as I am writing this, awesome... It's good enough for me... OH I I I I I Ayeeeeeee wo wo wo ahhhhhhhh.

The Redwood parks were very confusing and most of my photos turned out like shit. I am so mad about that. They all look blurry. I stopped at one of the drive through trees in Klamath and did the tourist tree photo.

I totally missed doing Avenue of the Giants and was pissed about that.... I didn't see the signs when I entered the national park....

199 to I-5 turned out to be an awesome little ride at first. The Jedidah Smith Redwood State Park was really nice.

When I got to Oregon, I got a lesson in how to fill up my bike, every gas stop... Oregon and their safety nazi fill up the gas tank for you program was highly annoying. More so than the California heavy vapor thing...

Overall, it was a good ride and a good day.

Riding on 101:

Can't see the damn Pacific:

Finally:

Made it to the beach:

Riding through the Redwood Parks:

Headed to Oregon:

Cool Mountain in Oregon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-11-2011 at 08:56 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote