View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 10:

This was a 540 mile sprint from Central Point, OR to Boise, ID. I took 62 up to Crater Lake west entrance. I got lucky they just opened because they had a ton of snow like everywhere else on my original route. The north entrance was still not open so I had to come back out the west entrance and take 230 to 138 and finally 97 up to Bend, OR. Then finished it off with 20 to Ontario and I-84 into Boise.

The forest ride up to Crater Lake was really pretty. Crater Lake still had a ton of snow, more than Glacier Point in Yosemite. Most of the building entrances were blocked with snow. To get to view the Crater itself you had to climb a snow bank to the see the lake. It was really awesome with all the snow around it.

After coming down of the the crater and into Bend, I went across the High Desert in Oregon. It was ok, but really boring in a lot of spots. I know one thing in about Burns, OR when I stopped for gas, I made a jackass out of myself. I got this bite, which I thought was a bee bite on my back and started stripping off all my gear to get the damn thing out of my shirt. All the locals were looking at me like I was crazy. Finally one dude came up to me and said, yeah that's just a mosquito. The mosquitoes are freakin vicious in the hi desert...

The rest of the journey was uneventful and pretty boring. I did get to see the Oreida factory in Ontario...

Bored headed out of Central Point:

Run up to Crater Lake:

Crater Lake:

Headed back out of the Lake Area:

High Desert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote