View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I don't have a problem with this.
The guy is a 64 years old, had a successful career which he left to pursue politics in the mid 90's.

Yes he did well back when he was working in the private sector and built up some wealth. Now his %'s are comparable to other retiree's in that age group.

If he gets preferential tax treatment for income generated from investments vs playing baseball or making movies...fuck it. I'm all for it.

I do have a problem with this. In fact I would like to see the last few years worth of his tax returns, because my bet is that this year, when he is pressured to post his tax returns he will utilize a lot less loopholes and other ways of not paying taxes. The reason he is only going to pay15% and not 6% is because his people made a business decision as to how much taxes he should pay and not look bad, but also not go broke (ha!).

The reason McCain released 2 years is that he did the same thing, thats all he planned for. Obama was able to release a number of years because he wasnt super rich and his tax deductions didn't make him look bad.

Really what it comes down to, is that if you are gonna be accountable stop trying to hide stuff and actually be accountable