View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8
Default Help from locals in NC

I am still working out a relocation deal with my company to move me from NJ to NC. I am hopeful that it will happen and it is really down to the specific job before I decide. However, while negotiating I took my wife down and we looked at homes in several locations. The first was Myers Park in a development Stonecroft, not sure if anyone is familiar with it. One of the others was in Waxhaw--Providence Downs (not Providence Downs South). It seems that real estate in Charlotte is really slow right now so I think that the negotiating will work in my favor. Where I live now was rated 22nd on the Fortune 100 best places to live, last year it was 13th. I am sure it will hit 3 or 4 when I leave just based on that improvement. ;0 Thus, the prices here are still insane. Who reads that shit anyway? I guess the realtors do so they can continually quote while you are getting ripped off for a small house with high taxes.

Anyone have opinions on either of these places? I would be working in downtown Charlotte. I have 3 kids who are all excellent students. I have been told Myers Park is a magnet school district, and Union County (Waxhaw) is also well known for the school districts. I also don't mind the additional commute from Waxhaw. I was told it was about 25 minutes to downtown. I commute 1:20 now from NJ to NY.

Thanks.

Last edited by zer0t; 07-19-2009 at 08:47 PM..
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote