View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
i'm suprised by some of the responses here.

jeans are sufficient only if you enjoy the excruciating pain of having hundreds of tiny pieces of them scrubbed out of raw flesh in the ER. if you're lucky, you'll be unconscious. if you're not, the 4mg of morphine you'll get will do little to make you happy with your decision to not protect your legs.

Timberlands (or any other similar boot) are sufficient only if you don't mind having your ankle shattered. yes, the leather will protect from most of the rash, but as you tumble down the pavement for 4 seconds, remember you'll be limping for months (if not permanently).

mesh jackets are the absolute bare minimum - i don't recommend them, and haven't worn one in several years. even in summertime in Miami, i rode in ventilated leather. i would trust myself in modern moto-specific textiles, as they are made pretty well.

we all know someone who'll say "i crashed in jeans and sneakers and i was fine!" no, you were an idiot who got lucky. next time you might not be. it's so not worth the risk.

story of a friend of mine on another forum i help admin:

I agree 1000%.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote