View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #20
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I dunno about the difference in power not being that significant... I guess it's all relative... I know that 20% increase in torque from the 9 to the 12 sure feels different...

I get the twitchy comment... especially after riding the short wheelbase XB after riding my Ss... I do not think twitchy is the correct word... I'd say it was more 'hyper-responsive'... very little steering input required in comparison.

To add to what these guys are saying... one thing that always caught me off guard with the Buell was it's tendency to stand up when braking in a corner... Now, I prefer to get all my braking done prior to dipping in, but sometimes shit happens and you need to brake a little... The fuckin' bikes just stand straight back up with even the smallest amount of force applied to either rotor... Granted, a noob braking in the corner is probably going to eat shit anyway, but it's certainly worth mentioning.

What is the difference between a 600 and 1000 in HP and Torque. I always assumed it was significantly different. That's what I meant by not much difference between the two.

As far as standing up under braking, I have never experienced it. I regularly trail brake front and rear in corners without issue.

I know that much of the problem with the bike standing up under braking was due to the tires. The D208's that came on many of the first run bikes were awful at standing up mid corner.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote