Thread: San Antonio?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Seriously, though, I've heard that there are a few different trackday organizations out there but that Elite is the best for instruction (not to kiss Moira's ass, just what I've heard). I've also heard that they are the priciest, but that may just mean I have to do less of them and get more out of each. Quality over quantity, right?
From what I hear about other org/track prices, yes.

BUT there's 8 - 30min sessions for either Group 1(novice) or 2(advanced). That's 4 HOURS of straight riding. Most org run 6-8 20min sessions. Great if you're a minute man, but 30min gives you plenty of time to be comfortable go out when you want, come in when you want, and go back out if time allowed.

Group 1 also usually entails 2:1 student/instructor ratio, and depending on what day you go, almost 1:1. All of the instructors are familiar to the track, and most of them have more riding experience than I've been licensed to drive, including a few visits from an AMA SuperStock/Sport professional. And if you've never done a trackday, I would recommend Elite as you're first go round.(esp for your wife, I know theres at least 1 female instructor at every one, may make things more comfortable for those a little more timid)

Plus this year there was about 2 trackdays a month. Varying days from Friday, Sat/Sun enitre weekends, and Mondays. Since you'll be here in April, I don't know next years schedule, but you should be getting in around the peak-before-hell time. *110+ this past summer, with like 140deg track surface. It be hot sometimes.

And the biggest benefit - it's about a 45min drive depending on where you're at in SA.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote