View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
He and other players are paying the price for the cheaters in the league. MLB allowed a situation to continue for so long MLB had to go over the top in the other direction. If they hadn't the US Congress was going to step in. What remains is if a player can't survive without drugs on the banned substance list that player should quit the league. Nobody is forcing them to play baseball, it is a choice for the player to make.

Pettite took them before the league had banned them, which is why he didn't receive a ban. He also admitted to taking them later. I blame him for cheating. So did the Mitchell Report.
Look, this whole thing is ridiculous, ok. People need to stop look at sports as a business. These men are paid to preform everyday. we also need to remember that they are human beings and risk injury and illness everyday. unfortunately major league sports has to understand the line between cheating and healing. I stand behind what I have always said...It is bullshit if a sports player has an illness and can't walk into any drug store and buy sudafed or asprin to help alleviate the symptoms because he risks a 50 game suspension because people think he is cheating because a banned substance shows up.

here is an idea folks...next time you have a headache or cold...do nothing and see how it feels and then go to the gym for two hours and do a normal workout and remember that this is the life of an athlete. because that is what i get from most people...these guys are paid millions so they SHOULD have to suck it up.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote