View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Barber is a Buell's dream. The more curves the better. Long straights suck.

Us Buell people will jump all over your ass 0-60, but when it gets above that the old girl gets to wheezing. When it comes to the long straight at Nashville, I'll be that she'll be a sheezin as 600's and 1000's blow by me like I've got it in reverse (reverse lights).

I think I only got the good time last trip out. I was running in the 2:00-2:15's much of the rest of the later part of the day. Of course the whole first part was a wash out since I was in novice. First couple of sessions I don't think we even broke 70MPH. Passing ONLY in the straights REALLY sucked (see long straight comment above).

I just hope I'm in the verve.

Whatever.

You see me shaking my head? I blew the ENTIRE good run on 48 when I missed the shift. F'ed up the entire run. I was a gear too high with no engine braking and no torque.

That one road was "thrilling".

"Curve? What curvohshit!"
Barber is terrible for curves. You need to go to Tally GP. Barber was one big sweeper for the most part, it wasn't very tight at all and had a ton of long straights.

Sounds like you were at the track day I was at for barber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-24-2009 at 04:53 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote