View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Large civil suits get lots of press. If you can sue the city for there inablity to prove a safe traffic light that would get lots of press. But would also cost lots in Lawyer fees. Want to be noticed it will cost you.

I had a cop let a girl go with out even checking her papers after she failed to yeald the right of way to me. She had a stop sign and I did not the cop was behind me and almost smashed me between his front bumper and the girls door. I was pretty upset with the cop and almost got taken to jail as the girl drove away. He had the nerve to tell me if I did not get my bike out of the intersection he would ticket me for impeading traffic. I picked my bike off the ground and rode straight to the police station and filed a report on the officer.
i asked my lawyer about suing the city since where i was hit is actually a very busy intersection and is extremely poorly lit. they told me that the risk out weighs the reward when trying to sue a city. they have experts upon experts to back them up and if you lose guess who has to pay those experts. but he also said that i should look into how many accidents have occurred there...which are quite a few. as soon as i have a spare minute i am going to go over to the police station and get those figures

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote