View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Not to mention the small and short front windshield is placed a good 3' from the driver's eyes. It felt like I was driving a house.
the only car I've ever driven with worse blind spots: Toyota Avalon Convertable. Talk about blind spots on wheels.

Unfortunately, it was in the middle of February in Minneapolis so there was no putting the top down

And when I rent from National in ATL I can pick which car I want... thing is, sometimes, they just have shit left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Rented a Ford Escape last week. It had about 31,000 miles on it.

When I ran over bumps, there was some sort of low dull rattle like 6lbs of rubber flapping around the chassis.

The transmission was awful. If you tried to accelerate, backed off, and then tried to take up the slack, it felt like you were smacking the drivetrain with a hammer.

The interior wasn't bad. The seating positon was comfortable. It was a little thirsty.

I hated the Ford Fusion that I drove.
Had a Mercury Mariner about 4 weeks ago... around 19k on it. Sounds like exactly the same experience you had with the Escape.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote