Thread: Passing rules
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Oh, I'm not trying to tell you that you don't have experience - or that it will or will not make sense. I don't usually get into large explanations of why or how we do things online. There is a lot of mis-interpretation that comes with online written explanations, something I can't control with a verbal rider's meeting like I usually do.

Starting this company - one of the founding factors was getting rid of the group that is too fast [in their own mind] to be called slow. There is no other better way to explain it. We all know the group - and I know no one will ever claim to be *that guy*. It's the point-and-squirt, sand-baggers, and mental legends. And, they probably could qualify for a race group - but can handle being passed themselves, or maybe their ego can't. You should know exactly what I'm talking about.

I am making the best effort I can to protect the people that really truly belong in the Expert / Race group. The only way to do that is off personal evaluation and have EVERYONE earn the right to be there.

If a pass is to be made, there are a few spots on this particular track that make for an easy pass. And, by easy - I mean the rider in front will not ever have to do anything [brake, swerve, otherwise] in order for it to happen - as it should be. And, it isn't usually on a straight. By following another rider, it should become obvious where that pass can be done easily.

Is passing allowed? In Group 2 - yes. In Group 1 - online I will tell you no.

If passing is going to make or break your day, we might not be the place for you to come play.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote