Thread: Passing rules
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #18
baninja
Dad of Expert #291

Moto: My kids have all the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)

Just because there is no "race group" doesn't mean there aren't fast riders in group 2. In fact, a good number of the people that run in group 2 are licensed racers. IIRC passing is allowed in the straights for the morning sessions in group 2. Passing while entering a turn or on the exit of a turn is usually allowed in the afternoon sessions for group 2 only. Moira can correct me if I'm wrong. Stuffing another rider (mid turn passing) is not needed during a trackday. If the rider is truly fast he/she will find a safe place to pass if they need too. My 12 year old son has never had an issue on his RS85 or his RS125, and he passes 85% of the riders in group 2. A racer on a SV650 or 1000 shouldn't have a problem either.