View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
He did come from riding sportbikes. I too find it difficult to fathom riding with my feet forward like that and am sure it takes some getting used to. I am sure Chris will chime in with his expierences in making that transition.
Yeah I did. I remember for a few hundred miles on the chop, going for the invisible mid under me controls.

I do ride mid controls as well. The nightster is still sitting with mids. I get pains in my hip joints from them. If I was the only one riding it, it would have forwards on it. Or if I kept the mids, I would have drag bars or clip on's in the front.

The idea behind forward controls is the ablity to stretch out and relax. Further if you do it right, you rotate your hips forwards and that puts the meat of your ass down on the seat.

Moving around isn't hard. As far as highway pegs, you can see mine. They are perfect for heal on the floorboard, and toe on the peg. Or you can chalk your heal on the face of the peg for a traditional highway peg sit. Or I can put my boot on top and dangle my feet. That's why I like that position.

But hey... different strokes for different folks.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote