View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #32
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Antonio "Junior" Silva - humongous, looks like Frankenstein, former EliteXC heavyweight champion
You mean Bigfoot? First time I saw him fight, he got it handed to him in Bodog. But there are 3 well known fighters he has beaten - all past their prime: "Cabbage" in'07, Ricco Rodriguez (by split decision) in '08, Justin Eilers in '08 (this was a quick one, under 30 secs)

Gilbert "the Hurricane" Yvel - veteran of the game, schooled UFC's Cheik Kongo and recently destroyed the once great Pedro Rizzo
And just got KTFO by Josh Barnett pretty recently

Jeff "the Snowman" Monson - is on a seven fight winning streak, has lost only to Rizzo and Barnett in last eleven fights
The "once great" Rizzo, who just got destroyed?

Bobby Lashley - just slightly less deserved than Fedor vs. Lesnar, could be marketed to sell like crazy
I think he beat Bob Sapp recently? Looks to have the tools, though.

Blagoi Ivanov - a newcomer to MMA, but beat Fedor in a Sambo match last year, his first loss in eight years of competition; would also make a great match if Ivanov beats Fedor's brother Aleks in their upcoming bout
Relatively new, as you pointed out - but has one big name fight. Beat Fujita, who has lost 4 of his last 6 going back to '06

With the exception (possibly) of Lashley, nobody on this list is really impressive, IMO.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote