View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I should have my shit together in time for one in august. I've been trying, and slowly building up to it. Just heard back about the back protector I'm getting, should be a week till I have that. Next paycheck is going to track plastics- yes I know they're not necessary, but I trashed my stockers once and I'm not doing that again.

I didn't mean to start a riot- not here anyway But you're right, people blowing 5 grand on paint, or making their bike exactly like everyone else's and calling it "unique" pisses me off. The "no riding ability, tons of mods" "rolling art" "catalog custom" people are just lame. Like a Harley I saw today "Live to Ride, Ride to Live"- total bullshit. I've seen that bike out twice this season. At this point, I'm just happy to see a bike that's mostly stock that has obviously done a lot of miles. I've seen real and fake NOS bottles and turbos- on a 650- WTF!? Get a 600 and you get more performance at less cost with more reliability.

You're out riding your bike, and trying to become a better rider- nothing against that. It's what everyone should be doing. A real crash is the perfect reason to make modifications. I'm not against mods to make the bike more rideable or track ready.

I say forget the image shit, let's go play!

Remember this, it's not your money and it's not your bike. Maybe people are happy modding their bike over riding it. It's not really your call to tell them they can't and it is a supreme waste of energy to even worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote