View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
who do you guys perfer to ride with?
Chris is my first choice; we know each other's ride style really well, and I know he's always watching out for me. We have several friends I love riding with, too. I've ridden with them so many times, and know them outside of riding as well, that the group dynamic is just very comfortable.

Quote:
do you have a group that normally heads out and hits the twisties on a weekend, a local biker gang that you show your colors and goto the nearest 7/11 and sit (in that case ) or do you just randomly find ppl to tag along with on the good roads on nice days...
We post weekend rides on the local board, and it's typically the usual suspects that we've ridden with several times. Rarely do we have a total unknown show up (usually anyone new is a friend of someone else in the group, so they're "vouched for"), but if there is someone new that we're unsure of, I'll opt to ride in the back, just to put a buffer between us until I've got an idea of their riding style.

Quote:
me personally i like riding with ppl i trust and have ridden with before
I agree; having to worry about what the guy in front of you is going to do right as you're entering a curve tends to sap the fun out of the ride.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote