View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Cool OMG Car change up...

Why does it have to be so complicated....

I meant to post last week but PB was down then I got busy...

So from abt 2 weeks ago
I have 2 leases. I have 2 new cars on order to purchase.

Before the swap:
2007 Lincoln MKZ due back July 5th 2010
2007 Chevy TB SS due back Sep 30th 2010

*pic is from 2007

About a 6 weeks ago I ordered:
2011 Ford Fiesta SES due in Aug 2010
2010 Chevy HHR SS due in May 2010

The HHRSS came in 2 weeks ago. I happen to be at the dealership doing some financing homework when it rolled in on the truck (you can see in the rear of the pic).

So instead of extending the MKZ and turning in the TB SS early. We just turned in the MKZ, got the HHR SS. Keeping the TB SS till her new Fiesta comes in.

I love the new ride. Once again, like the TB. I don't like the standard versions, but the SS changes most of the things I don't like. Bumpers, side skirts, wheels, lowered, etc.

Anyway, I ordered it with the performence package which includes Brembo brakes and a cool gauge screen in the dash. Also, a stage 1 kit for the turbo. Effectively turning up the boost a bunch. According to the in the car display... about 275hp/375 ft lbs. Let's just say... 100 mph in 3rd and 2nd gear is a big handfull. Torque steer all over the place, even with a white knuckled fist trying to hold it. On the highway, the TB SS will take it for the 65mph full throttle roll. But that is again... "No replacement for displacement" theory.

I have (haven't d/l the pics to PB yet) done the front door and windshield strip tinting. I changed out the tails for a set of blacked out LED versions (it's not a mustang or camero so I shouldn't hear gripe). I have a TWM short throw shifter in the garage just waiting to be installed. HID kits on the way for the headlights and fogs. I'm ordering today, LEDs for all the other lights on the car (parking, front turns, plate, dome, map, etc).

I thinking about running a Margnaflow cat back stainless exhaust, a rear sway bar, and a few others. This is the first car I have bought in over 10 yrs. I'm enjoying myself, doing some mods to it.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote