View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #45
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I don't know too much about him. I did hear he posed nude in I think Cosmo years ago. He had to get so much freaking ass after that. I did a little reading and saw he supported the mandatory healthcare for residents of the state of Massachusetts. That bothers me a lot.

Now didn't Ted Kennedy get the law changed so that the then Republican governor couldn't appoint a Republican to his seat after he died? Then a Democrat becomes governor and because of the new law a Republican got Ted Kennedy's seat. With the great irony being that if they didn't change the law they'd have a Democrat in there? Beautiful, just beautiful.
The laws concerning vacancies were changed a few times to suit the Democrats in MA, but they didn't and don't control which party someone must belong to. The person appointed (Paul Kirk) to be the interim Senator was a Democrat. The appointment was temporary until a special election could be held. That special election happened Tuesday and the Republican candidate (Brown) won. MA doesn't have a Republican Senator because of the law, they have one because MA residents voted for him.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote