View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Here's a firsthand story from a friend of mine, whose family lives in Del Rio TX, across the border from Ciudad Acuña in Mexico.

Quote:
Hi everyone.

So I get home and catch up on the local news. The drug gangs are still fighting for control of this area in Mexico. They killed the police chief from ciudad Acuña this week.

Across the street from my uncle's house in Mexico, a family owned a candy warehouse in which they sell to the small stores In Acuña. Last month the Zetas demanded protection money from them. They refused to pay. Three weeks ago they kidnaped the son and killed him but they would not pay. Two weeks ago they burned down the warehouse and left signs telling the firefighters that their families would meet the same fate if they helped put out the fire so they did nothing. Firefighters from Del Rio went to fight the blaze but not much was left when they got there. Three days ago they kidnapped the daughter and drowned her and dismembered her at the park we used to go to as kids by the dam on the Mexican side.

Now the rival gang called the Cartel has sent word to the local news paper that they are coming to Acuña this coming Wednesday to get rid of the Zetas. Everyone here is saying it's going to be a bloodbath.

I've told my mom and sister to come over to Austin until this crap is over but I have no idea what they are going to do other than stay the hell away from Mexico.

On a side note, one of my moms friends went to Mexico to get some groceries last week. When she got to her car 2 men were waiting by her car. When she unlocked her car, one of them opened the car door for her and told her she was to go to the old HEB in Del Rio, go into the store and wait 20 minutes. She was to not look out until the time was past. They would be following her in their car so she was to not stop anywhere or use a cell phone.

She did what they told her to do and at the HEB she went inside and waited around a 1/2 hour. After not seeing the car that was following her anymore, she went back to her car. She rushed home and told her family. They searched the car but found nothing. They determined that after they saw her Texas plates, they hid drugs in the undercarriage and after she crossed the border they picked up the drugs at the HEB parking lot. Needless to say she said she would never go back to Mexico.

My sister has said she wants to move to Austin with her sons and Mom and I couldn't agree more. I just can't believe how much violence there is over here over control of the drug trade routes.

Anyway just thought I'd share since we are so detached from all of this since we don't live in a border town.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote