View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #36
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Rented an H3 today. Drove it for 400 miles. It was new (731 miles on the clock). It appeared fairly quiet (for a shoebox with portholes). Visibility SUCKED! I looked to see if there was an 18 wheeler, but otherwise I just had to say "screw it" and pull over into lanes. There is no reason to make a car with windows this small. The styling guys should be kicked in the dick. The other thing I hated was that because of the way the windows are set and because they are flat, water coming off the street pooled and dried on the window making seeing out the driver's or passenger's windows impossible. In the end, I couldn't even see the mirrors. The rear window might as well have been nonexistent. It had a temp tag on the rear window. There was approximately the surface viewing area of a notebook around the temp tag.

The engine was the IL5 and it was completely gutless for acceleration, but it cruised well. It was pretty good on gas. The transmission was rough. It needed another gear.

The seats were comfortable, but the window sill was WAY too high. I like to drive with my left arm resting on the sill, elbow against the window. That would have put my elbow above my shoulder with no way to raise the seat to compensate.

It appeared to be put together well. I'd recommend the Canyon at 2/3 the price.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote