View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #39
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

I rent every time I travel and usually through THRIFTY for their excellent rates....the down side is, all they rent are Chrysler's, not something I am a fan of in any way shape or form but who cares, I don't have to own them.

In PDX I have had the Dodge Magnum....it was a 6 and comfortable but seemed to have more plastic than anything.

In SLC I had a Dodge Stratus. Low on power but delivered great MPG

In PHX I had a Caliber...slow, plastic and junk filled.

In SAN over Thanksgiving I took the Sebring Convertible, fun to drive top down, blind spots from Hell top up, not too thirsty and ZERO trunk space..... but a great beach cruiser. 8 Days, $125 total! the deal of the week.

In Key West I drove home a 2008 Crossfire SRT-6. This was a lot of fun under acceleration, way more power than I had anticipated and I was sad to see her go for that alone. There were MAJOR blind spots, it barely seated two people, almost zero luggage capacity, the control layout was a mess but again, it was a blast to drive.

Bottom line in all new Chrysler's to me are rental cars...they are laden with boring plastic interiors, made with inferior parts and never last to the warranty. I drove one off the rental lot with very few miles on it and there was smoke coming from the tail pipe under acceleration as well as deceleration...bad rings and valve train with under 5K miles on the clock.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote