View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Default Building new exhaust, got some luck!

Finally decided to build the exhaust for the R6, and started collecting my parts.

Well, I started looking for an OEM exhaust on ebay and such, and everyone wanted up-wards of $250 for the setup. Well, I got super lucky... heh... and found a guy on Craig's list selling an 06 complete OEM exhaust for ... $25!!!

I get there and the guy is super cool. The manifold has 2 small dents in in, no problem as you won't see it. I tell him I'll take it, and he says $20... SWEET!

So I called a muffler shop that has done work for me before, and asked them if they would cut off the cat for me. Guy says he won't, but if I want to come use his sawzall, I can come up. So I do. Guy is gone for the day, and owner won't let me cut it off, so another guy working does it for me. I offer to pay him, he says "aw hell maaane, dontcha worry nuthin bout it. You jes bring that thang up ahure whence (which I think was 'once') you giter put on". I offer to haul off the cat, he again says not to worry. Cool dude.

Got them home and hollowed out the 3 inches of honeycomb and prepared them for paint.

Headers with cat cut off, taped ready for paint and mid pipe i bought:

Got the 1st coat on tonight, lookin pretty good. Have 2 more coats to go. Still have to stop by the shop and grab some new gasketts and bolts, and mount it up.

Painted:

Will post more pics when I finish her up.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote